Friday, April 21, 2006

A couple of nights ago I mistakenly sent Sid to bed without any diapers. I don't know what I was thinking or where my mind was but he didn't say anything about it, he just went to bed. The next morning when I took him out I realized his behind wasn't as padded as it should have been. It also wasn't wet! When he finally woke up as I rushed him into the bathroom I told him how proud I was of him for not peeing his bed.

The next night I told him beforehand that he wasn't going to wear a diaper to bed and that if he needed to use the bathroom all he had to do was wake me or his father and one of us would take him. A couple of hours into his sleep K and I were about to go to bed when we decided to pseudo-wake him and take him to the bathroom, hoping to prevent any nighttime interruptions. Imagine my surprise when he did indeed wake me up around 4 am. On the way to the bathroom however I found that he had already wet himself. Poor baby. I told him that was ok and put a diaper on him, cause since his bed was wet he would get to sleep with us, and he ain't sleeping with us without a diaper just yet.

The following night I told him the same thing - that if he needed to use the bathroom he should tell one of us. K usually gets up between 3 and 4 am to use the bathroom himself so when I heard him stir I asked him to take Sid. He did the pseudo-wake up thing and Sid peed and then continued to sleep til morning without an accident.

He's doing quite well. He can even use the bathroom by himself now - #1 or #2. And he thinks he's so grown he even tries to wipe his own behind after a #2 (haha). He's too cute.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's really good! he's ahead of 'schedule' for boys.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home