Monday, February 20, 2006

Sid finally did a #2 in his potty yesterday. He must have sat there for 20 mins, all the while complaining that he didn't want to go. In the end I agreed to let him get him up but not even 15 seconds later he put himself back down and out it came. Of couse, I hugged him and told him how proud I was of him. Later, he told anyone who would listen how he doo-dooed in the potty and that he was a big boy now.

My girlfriend has a 2 year old who doesn't wear diapers anymore. Now, I'm not comparing because I know kids develop differently. I do believe however that Sid is smart enough to be potty trained. And them diapers cost a fortune! I bought him some briefs a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I'll try him with only the briefs today....

3 Comments:

Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

i know the feeling...we're thinking about putting little missy on pull-ups to see how she reacts....good post...

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe there's a reason he doesn't want to do # 2 on the toilet...

3:59 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

That is so cute and a very special moment when you realize your child is learning to potty.

Actually "notyouraverage" the only reason I know of that a little child would not want to do #2 ir 1 is simply that they are not ready yet, but when they are, they will do it. *grin* What a precious conversation.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home