Friday, April 07, 2006

Been a while

Yes, it has been way too long. I know I won't remember everything to tell you....

A couple of weeks ago Sid made a drawing. He said it was a picture of a mommy with a baby in her tummy. Then he pointed at me and told me it was me. Wasn't that sweet?? I'll scan in the pic when I get a chance.

He's getting homework now. I think it's so cute! His first page of homework involved him having to trace straight lines. He did alright, he really did. On the next page he had to trace circles! He did alright on that too. This latest paper requires him to follow a curved path. I'm sure he'll do fine on that too.

A few days ago we were walking to our car in his grandmother's parking lot and there was another man and woman walking slightly ahead of us. Sid pointed at the man and said (none too quietly), "His belly sticks out like yours." What could we do? K and I looked at each and laughed silently. I tried to explain to him that saying certain things about people make them sad and that it's not nice. I doubt he got it cause realy, how can a three year old differentiate between what is ok to say and what is not, unless he sees the reaction?

He's such a sweet boy. I love him. He is my blessing from God. I have too many blessings to count but he is probably tied for first place along with my marriage. He's going to be a great older brother.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're darn right it's been 'awhile' ;-)
homework? in pre-school - wow!

i was just watching a program on tv (the mom show) and they were talking about that exact thing - how to deal with when your young kids say things that might be perceived as embrassing or rude. but ofcourse they are only ever speaking the truth. that it's important to explain to them, like you did - but not to make them feel bad about asking questions.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home