Monday, February 20, 2006

Sid's Birthday

Friday Sidney turned 3 years old. He knew it was coming. I had been telling him for weeks, reminding him that his birthday would be on February 17, a Friday. He was good at repeating it when anyone asked.

So, Friday rolled around and I still (of course) didn't have any birthday plans for him. My neighbor asked a couple of times but I never had an answer for her. Friday morning on the way to school Sid and I stopped at Publix to pick up something he could celebrate with with his friends. We decided on colorful cupcakes with icing. I was really eyeing some cheesecake. Anyway, I send the cupcakes and I assume they had a blast. I didn't even think about taking the 25 min trek to the school to take pictures (I forgot my camera at home anyway).

In the evening, I got a bright idea and stopped at Publix again, this time on my way home from work. K had already picked up Sid and it was a beautiful day so I just knew they would be outside. I went to the bakery section and looked for the cheesecake I had been eyeing earlier. I chose the French style since the baker-lady said it was lighter than the NY style. Then I bought some cherry topping, candles, bowls and spoons, and a balloon for my baby. I should have known he wouldn't care about the balloon.

I got home and sure enough everyone was outside. There were tons of kids, K, Sid, and my neighbors. To make a long story short, we had a party in my driveway. I brought out the cake after fixing it up with the topping and candles. All the kids crowded around the trunk of my car, sang happy birthday day to Sid, watched him blow out his candles, and ate cake. It was great. No mess in my house. No money spent on food and treats. No entertaining. The whole thing probably lasted half an hour. We took pictures (which I haven't even looked at yet). Sid had a good time. And, boy, did that cheesecake taste good!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

an impromptu party - those can be the best - no stress involved!a

3:58 PM  
Blogger SP said...

Awww! I could have baked the baby a cake for you.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jdid said...

happy belated to sidney. so he's the 17th and mine is the 19th. i guess february is a fruitful month

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home