Monday, February 20, 2006

A "Brief" Update

Continuing from my previous post, I did go ahead and put the briefs on the boy today and I must say he did wonderfully! I told him that he wasn't going to wear diapers today and that if he wanted to pee he needed to tell me. I took him to the doctor's this morning for a checkup and after an hour he told me he needed to use the bathroom. Good so far. We got home a couple of hours later and I forgot to ask him if he wanted to go. He went outside to play with his sister and he came back bawling. I asked him what was wrong but he was too upset to tell me. His sister informed me that he peed himself. Poor thing. He was so upset that he wet himself. We all told him it was ok and that accidents happen. We changed him and took him to the toilet to finish. The rest of the day went fine except for when he took a nap and peed his sister's bed. Other than that, throughout the day, one of us would ask him if he needed to go or he would tell us. He even told us when he needed to do #2!! That's a big deal. He knows he's a big boy.

I just asked him if he knows that he's a big boy. He said, "Yes." I asked him why, meaning what makes him a big boy. He said because he wears underwear.

We'll see how it goes at school tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home