Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sid is doing very well adjusting to the presence of his new little sister. The other night when she was crying while he was watching one of his movies he reached over and started rubbing her back!

I try to make sure we have time that I can focus only on him, and I least keep up with the level of affection he received before Shelby came. I still call him My Sweetheart and I tell him I love him. The past two Saturday nights while everyone was at church, we watched a couple of his movies together while eating popcorn and snacks. Yes, baby was there too but she was asleep most of the time.

He is so smart, my baby. He remembers things and puts things together in mind fairly quickly. One day last week he and I were home with my mother and Shelby, and I had to run to the store to pick up a few things. Sid was watching his movie and I asked him if he wanted to go with me. At first he said no but he quickly switched to yes when he remembered that the grocery store bakery gives out free cookies. I told him to get ready so he jumped off the bed...and stopped. He was still into his movie. As I got ready I had to keep reminding him to get himself ready because he would stop every so often to see what was on the tv. I went downstairs and he followed. He was supposed to put on his sandals but he never did. He became involved in what my mother was watching. I must have told him, with increasing sternness, at least four more times to put his shoes on otherwise I would leave. Of course you know what happened - he didn't put his shoes on so he got left. He came screaming barefooted towards the front door as I was closing it. I made sure his fingers wouldn't get jammed and I closed the door. Poor, poor baby. The store is only a few miles from my house but before I was even halfway there I got a call from my mother telling me to come back for him. Uh, no. She kept telling me to come back and I kept saying no. After we hung up I knew I would hear about it later. Anyway, the point is that the next evening Sid made sure to tell me that he would pay attention and listen to me now.

I wonder if most kids are like him or if he's above average. His teacher says he grasps things very quickly but that he gets distracted easily. You don't say. I'll assume he's above average. :)

Well, I know pictures are always in order so maybe I'll take some this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home