Friday, November 19, 2004

A Shot

It didn't go as badly as I expected. I guess on who's perspective you're looking at it from. This time Karl came too. Not so much because I'm barely strongly enough (in heart or muscle) to handle a possessed child about to get a shot, but because he had to take Sidney to daycare afterwards. The nurse (who always seems to move in slow motion to me - much too deliberate in sticking that needle in) acted more like a normal nurse this time. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice nurse and everything. (Sigh.) I don't know. My heart just breaks to watch Sidney trying to get away and he's screaming and now that he can talk he keeps asking to "come". The hardest part is knowing I'm supposed to be protecting and comforting him but as people are hurting him (even if it's for a 'good' reason) I can't do anything but watch. And he sees me just watching. And he feels his father holding him down to be hurt and he doesn't understand why. My heart just breaks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh... so sad. that's hard. in a way, they learn love from you and the hard stuff - disappoint and hurt, etc. - you know what i mean. parenting is a double edged sword.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home