Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Poor Baby

My poor baby Siddy is sick. He's had a fever for the past few days - since this past Saturday, as a matter of fact. We took him to the doctor's yesterday. They said he has an upper respiratory viral infection. With viruses there's not much you can do except ease the symptoms. So last night, as the night before, he had some Tylenol to bring down his fever. That was about 9:30 pm. At 1:20 am, for some reason I just woke up, and there he was sitting up in his crib with his thumb in his mouth. Of course, I jumped up and asked him what was wrong but since he couldn't articulate it to me I just took him out of his bed. I soon smelled what was wrong this time - did he ever do a load in his diaper - peeyew! I changed him and was ready to put him back to bed (his fever had been gone for hours), but with his system all emptied out he realized he was hungry. Down the stairs we went for two waffles and some juice. 2:00 am I finally dragged him into bed (he slept with us). I woke up this morning to find a quarter-sized stain of blood on the bed and dry blood in one of his nostrils and, of course, on one of his fingers. I don't know what caused it. I'm assuming it's his cold. I had the vaporizer running so I don't think the air was too dry. I'll run it again tonight. In the meantime, his father says he's almost back to his normal bouncy self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home