Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Model Son

I took Sid to the mall Tuesday evening because M.odel P.roductions was having an open call. I talked to Sid about it the night before but he said he didn't want to do anything with modelling. I took him anyway. I managed to convince him that going up on the stage was like being on the stage with Chuck E. Cheese. From then he willingly learned his line ("Do you see this happy face? My mom's taking me to Mall!"). The first thing he had to do was a screen test where he recited his line into the mic. He's no stranger to the mic and talking in front of people so he did that quite well. I couldn't get my camera ready in time though cause his turn came and went so fast. Next he had to walk down the runway. I told him to smile but of course he didn't remember anything about that. He just walked. Which was ok with me, I was proud of him that he did it. It in the end he was one of 15 kids to be selected to compete in the finals. The catch with that is that each kid has to sell three tickets (at $50/ea), and they have to pay for the first ticket up front to secure they're spot. I didn't pay. Granted, it pays for the t-shirt, and the headshot, and the DVD of the competition, but still. They have different dates for the finals so if I get sponsors then I'll call to see if they will still take him. Otherwise, oh well for that one.
********************

Grandma and the babies




Sid got a big boy (booster) seat. Doesn't work so well when he falls asleep in it though.
Sid took this pic of Shelby

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is such a ham. is he really asleep there - too funny!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Love how kid can fall asleep anywhere and anyhow.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home