Thursday, May 12, 2005

Got His Goat

Last Saturday morning we drove to Naples for church. It was a beautiful day and the drive didn't seem to take as long as I thought it would. We got there in an hour and a half. My husband's aunt has a house out there on something like two acres of land. Her husband takes care of the pets - birds, dogs, cats, goat. That's where Sidney comes in. They had two baby goat that were only three weeks old. They were the cutest little goat you ever did see! But Sidney, boy, Sidney talked a lot of trash when the goat weren't heading in his direction, but as soon as one even just turned his head towards Sidney, Sidney was screaming. At one point he was playing with a stick, about a foot long, when one of the goats started walking up to him. He started screaming and staring at the goat and point the stick at him, I guess hoping to make him go away. Nothing phased that poor goat. After probably three seconds of wailing he dropped the stick and ran. We were there with those goats on and off for a couple of hours but it didn't help. If I held him and a goat walked up to me while I was standing, Sidney was squirming and crying. But as long as the goats were headed in a different direction he was fine. It was really quite funny.

Sid's Goat Experience - Note the leg grip!

**************************


Oh, Sid has this new thing now where in the middle of the night he'll crawl out of his bed and into mine. Last night he did it again. He crawled in right between me & K. That was fine until he decided he didn't want any of the sheets on him. I love sheets. K uses sheets. You can imagine with a restless kid in the middle fighting to get on top if the sheets that things wouldn't work out so well. It didn't. I put that kid out so fast! Nobody messes with my sheets!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my! he's not getting any love - from the goats are his mum! hilarious. i can just see him with his stick, and the goat on the approach. classic!

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home